Wednesday, February 08, 2006

How do you find out the true parents of a child? King Solomon's idea was to try to divide the child in half by cutting it from the middle. If one of the parents asked to stop it, then that would be the real parents.

Why did I bring King Solomon's story in this post? Well, I just read Prachanda and Baburam's interview in Kantipur online. Tone of their responses, content of what they said, and how they responded to some of questions, made me wonder. When King and all his men are moving ahead trying to cut the child in half, these people who have been fighting for their own ideologies since more than a decade now come forward and say 'Look we don't want the control. Just stop it. It's enough. Enough blood has already been shed. In stead lets go to the people. Whatever they say we will accept.' I think that shows true courage to say that. I don't think there was any hidden agenda behind all that and I believe they are truly fighting for the cause.

Now, we have a child (Nepal) and two parents (The King and the rest) claiming to its true parent. Who is the King Solomon now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home